Ambassadors who have hosted an international conference in Ireland have benefited from:
- An increased profile and recognition of their University or Organisation.
- Enhanced reputation in their respective field.
- A raised profile of their work amongst their peers, both locally and internationally.
- Opportunities to engage with international colleagues and develop new relationships which helped form research partnerships, secure future funding, and establish worldwide links in the specialist field of the meeting.
- Knowing that they are contributing to the economy, as well as increasing exposure to Ireland as both an area of academic/scientific excellence and as a tourist destination.
- A highly visible way to demonstrate loyalty to their institution, city and Ireland.